Wichita Region SCCA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wichita Region SCCA

Wichita Region Sports Car Club of America Member Forum

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup

jmr302

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup Empty FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup

Post  jmr302 Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:51 pm

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup LF1

Up for sale is my dual purpose solo/street car. It's a 1991 Honda Civic hatchback with a B16 engine swap. I set up the suspension similar to an ST Civic but with slightly more ride height and softer springs. The spring rates were chosen to mimic the same front-to-rear balance that ST Civic's typically have. The result is still go kart handling but with just enough compliance to drive to work every day. The B-series engine loves to rev and makes 160 hp which is decent for a 22XX lb car. It's very enjoyable to drive and can place near the top overall at any local solo, especially with good tires, while getting 30 mpg. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer EF body tub than this. It frequently gets compliments from total strangers in parking lots and gas stations. Here are the details:

89k miles on chassis. Approximately same mileage on engine. Car was purchased out of California and CarFax says it has only ever been registered there. Absolutely NO rust anywhere. Has NEVER been driven in snow while in Kansas for the past 3 years.

Drivetrain:
    1990 JDM Civic SiR B16A VTEC. 160 hp 1.6L (100hp/liter). All stock, runs great.
    Moroso 4 qt steel oil pan with sump baffle and turbo oil return and oil temp sensor fittings (plugged).
    PW0 OBD-0 ECU. Factory 7800 rpm rev limit.
    Y1 close ratio 5-speed trans with 4.40:1 ring and pinion (open diff).
    B&M short shifter with Energy Suspension poly bushings. Feels almost like a Miata.
    Raxles.com CV-shafts.
    Hasport black-anodized aluminum engine mounts with 62A durometer (soft/street) poly bushings.
    Reshaped, reinforced, and welded OEM forward crossmember.
    Recent front drive hub bearings.
    Recent stock replacement radiator and hoses.

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup Engine

Exhaust:
    DC Sports 4-into-1 header with 2.1" collector.
    Custom Redshift Motorsports full length 2.25" stainless steel modular exhaust (Thanks Chris!!). Only about 3k miles. Absolutely beautiful. All mandrel bends, low-restriction metal substrate 'race' catalytic converter. Vibrant Perf chambered rear muffler. Flat clamp connections. Has a nice deep tone down low and sounds great revved up. Plenty quiet for commuting and keeping the neighbors happy. Rear section can be removed just like the typical Redshift 'LCA' exhaust to make more power on the weekends.

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup Exhaust

Suspension:
    Koni Sports (yellows) with factory SPSS 'race' valving and body shortening.
    Ground Control threaded spring perches.
    Eibach 325 lb/in front springs and 400 lb/in rear springs. Same balance as typical ST setup but slightly softer and slightly more ride height. Can easily be lowered if desired.
    Energy Suspension poly bushings throughout.
    New OEM rear trailing arm main bushings.
    Suspension Techniques 22mm rear anti-roll bar. Spherical bearing end links.
    Ground Control offset upper spring mounts (rear only).
    Originally had power steering but converted to manual. Can include original PS rack and crossmember if desired.

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup Suspension

Wheels/Tires:
    Falken Hanabi 15x7. 11 lbs/ea. All in excellent condition.
    Falken RT615 Azenis 205/50-15 tires. Tread approximately 4/32".

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup LR

Brakes:
    Stock Si discs front and rear. Lots of pad and rotor left, no pulsing.

Interior:
    Full interior.
    Bolstered seats from an Si. Fabric in great shape.
    Grant 13" steering wheel. Stock 15" steering wheel included.
    Gage cluster replaced. Original included.
    Honda 1000 AM/FM cassette with front speakers. Yeah, really.
    Crank windows.

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup Interior

Issues:
    I believe in full disclosure, so here's what I know. If anyone needs more info, just ask. Although the body is very straight and rust free the front end does have some rock chips typical for age/mileage. The body-color Si bumper covers also have some scratches--I don't know if they're original or not because the chassis is a DX which should have had black plastic bumper covers. The left front marker light does not align quite right but I've never messed with it. The rear sheetmetal trim under the right rear tail light has a small 1" wide shallow dent. The car has had functional A/C with the engine swap but everything forward of the firewall has been removed (wiring stowed) because the compressor failed. It was also a convenient time to save weight. All A/C parts are included in addition to a billet aluminum Hasport compressor mounting bracket which is a $200 part.

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup LFbumper

FS: 91 Civic hatchback w/B16A and ST suspension setup RRdent

Asking $5000. Obviously it would cost much more to build this car yourself. There are approximately $6000 in parts here and straight rust-free EF Civics are hard to find, especially with less than 100k miles. Feel free to post questions here or email me at jmr302 (at) gmail (dot) com. My phone is 316-259-0931. Willing to trade for E30 BMW's or early Subaru WRX's.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:13 am